Recipe software is a hot trend in restaurant tech.And it’s for a good reason. Food costs and food waste make it hard for independent restaurants to turn a profit. Many tech startups are actively developing restaurant software to make it easier to control food costs and improve operational efficiencies.
We did our own research to create our shortlist of the best recipe software for independent restaurants.Below you’ll see our high level summary of what makes each of these restaurant software companies viable solutions for mom and pop restaurants. You’ll even see that one provides a free recipe app to get started. Keep in mind, this list for the small business owner. For an enterprise-level solution, we recommend Galley. Their robust and flexible solution is easily customized for existing food production workflows. If you work on a food team at college or a DTC meal company, Galley will likely be a better fit for you.
The recipe software companies listed above are best suited for independent restaurants.
If you’re looking for an enterprise level solution, check out Galley.
Best Enterprise Food ERP
- Manage, Edit, & Scale Recipes
- Recipe Prep Instructions
- Automatic Recipe Cost Calculations
- Recipe Profitability Analysis
- Inventory Tracking
- Nutritional Value Tracking
- Allergen Tracking
- Flexible Ingredient Library
- Automatic Measurement Conversions
- Open API for Software Integrations
- Tiered Permissions for Menu Editing
- Menu Version History and Control
- Modern, Pleasing User Interface
- Customizable to fit and simplify existing workflows
Free Recipe Book
Great for Accounting